Two weeks ago, we showed you how to build a dynamic community news resource in one hour on Twitter. Today we’ll show you how to use Twitter List widgets to build dynamic community news resource website that aggregate and display the best local Twitter feeds.
1. Best is to start with an existing Breaking News Network site.
2. First, build a Twitter List of the best local Twitter news feeds. Then build separate lists for Events, Sports, Shopping, Foodie, etc.
3. Configure each Twitter List with a widget at http://twitter.com/goodies/widget_list
4. Configure the appearance and display features
5. Configure the widget size for your Breaking News site or blog.
6. Embed the widget into the page of the Breaking News site using html cut & paste.
7. Breaking Seattle News.com has many of its categories using Twitter List widgets:
8. Breaking News sites are community resource websites that work complementary with their accompanying Twitter feeds:
9. This Community Engagement strategy positions the builder of these sites and Twitter feeds as a community media source.