Programming motivational speaker Tony Robbins at the 140 | Twitter conference was a stroke of genius. Not only did it inject spirit into the staid normality of a tech conference, but Tony presented how he’s integrated Twitter into the Robbins’ philosophy.
Simply put, Robbins laid out the Maslow-like six human needs and demonstrated how Twitter fits into fulfilling each of them:
- Certainty – Twitter enhances communication, like a chat IM, that protects against unwanted surprises.
- Uncertainty / Variety – Twitter is a micromedia channel that explores all topics.
- Significance – Twitter expands your sphere of influence and broadcast your personal mission.
- Love & Connection – Twitter forms relationships.
- Growth – Twitter expands the scope of knowledge.
- Contribution – Twitter facilitates your ability to add value to your network.
Tony finishes up: ” Twitter is the crack of social networking…”